Terms and Conditions
Use of the website is provided by Action on Disability (AOD) subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Your use constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions as at the date of your first use of the site. If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
- AOD reserves the rights to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement.
- You agree to use the site only for lawful purposes in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content to or anywhere on the AOD website – or engage in disruptive behaviour on any AOD service, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
- If AOD reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of the laws of England and Wales (or Scotland if you live there), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to AOD are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will AOD be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
- Copyright restrictions – commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from AOD. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by AOD to use any item displayed. Documents may be copied for personal use on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely.
- You may link to the AOD website, provided you do so in a way that is fair, legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists; or establish a link to our site on any website that is not owned by you. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- AOD takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. Other websites that we link to are owned and operated by third parties and AOD has no control over them. The fact that we include links to other websites isn’t an endorsement of those websites or their content. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site is, and will be treated as, nonconfidential and nonproprietary information.
- AOD doesn’t promise that the Site will be fit or suitable for any purpose. The site and the content are provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us and our activities, news, services and other websites that may be of interest. The content does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and neither the site nor the content should be relied upon for any purposes.
- If there is any conflict between these terms and conditions and rules of use appearing on this site relating to specific material then the latter shall prevail. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Action on Disability is a registered charity in England and Wales (No: 1091518) and a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 4237604