We are looking for an experienced Administration Officer, someone with a real passion for organisation, excellent communication and social media skills, top notch IT skills (particularly Microsoft Office) and a really positive and proactive approach to work. Also, with a proven track record of general, office and service administration related work. No two days will be the same, and you have the type of personality that really thrives in that kind of office environment. You are able to bring order and calm, leaving everyone confident that the job will just ‘get done’!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the smooth running of the office, updating records and IT issues, office supplies, post, storage facilities, cleaning and maintenance, and standards of meeting rooms and the office in general.
- To send out our e-newsletter (currently using Mailchimp) and post articles and stories of interest on the AoD website and social media pages.
- Maintain accurate records on the database, (CharityLog) including AoD membership.
- Respond to and signpost to general office enquires by phone and email.
- Manage and check petty cash payments and reconcile monthly.
- Assist the Finance Assistant in the processing of bill payments.
- Organise and maintain both filing and electronic systems in relation to DBS, HR and financial administration.
- Liaise with office contractors / service providers to ensure the efficient running of the office.
- Arrange, facilitate and support operational team meetings, training sessions, peer support group meetings, and provide excellent administrative care and support.
- Support recruitment through advertising vacancies and receiving/collating applications for shortlisting panel.
- Prepare the office for new starters by getting the office and IT systems set up for them to start; preparing the staff handbook updating records etc.
- Induct new starters into how to work safely and efficiently in the office.
- Assist volunteers in the office, including receiving their applications.
- Ensure health and safety procedures are followed and a safe working environment is maintained in the office. E.g. H&S marshal.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as identified by the line manager.