Salary: £15 ph
Hours: 40 hours per week
Place of work: St Stephen’s Church PCC, 30 Crown Road, St Margaret’s, Twickenham, TW1 3EE and remotely.
Contract period: 6 months with possibility to extend
Accountable to: Employment Service Manager / Coordinator
Deadline: 1st September 2021
AoD’s Employment Service
The Action on Disability Employment Service is setting the agenda for disability employment across London with great results. We have carved out a role, and reputation, for setting up and delivering supported internships for people with learning disabilities. We provide management, job coaching and employer engagement for over 50 young people with learning disabilities each year across our 3 internship sites. We also provide In Work Support to employed disabled people via the DWP Access to Work scheme.
We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, with a thorough understanding of the social model of disability and high expectations of disabled people. You will need excellent problem solving, communication and negotiation skills.
The purpose of the role is to provide in work support to a disabled client at their place of employment . The role is specialist role and requires a person with strong organisation skills and have an ability to problem solving and creating resources to support the client to complete their job role effectively and to the standard required. The role will require a person with great flexibility and can multi tasks. Some of the role will be remote as the role also requires supporting the client to clean up their work folders and emails and support with updating databases.
Clients Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure the church buildings are accessible, attractive, welcoming, functioning and safe places
- To ensure the site (Church, Crossway, gardens, car-park, grounds and office) is maintained to an adequate and safe standard
- To work alongside the Property Manager a. on the programme of maintenance projects, agreeing priorities, proposed solutions and costs, implementing once approved b. to log fabric and fixtures repair and maintenance work in the Church Log Book c. to maintain the paper and electronic system for all building related maintenance, repair and building project works
- To support the Property Manager with implementation of good practice with regards to health and safety, fire and other external regulations
- To provide verging and operations support duties for church Sunday services for the clergy
- To provide Event support to the Booking Managers ensuring the smooth running of premises and facilities provided for all church activities and 3rd party bookings
- To respond to site emergency call outs